Matricom XYBA Controller Bluetooth on Windows
Why Matricom XYBA bluetooth doesn't work on Windows
The Matricom XYBA bluetooth controller is a game controller used to be available on Amazon for less than $25. However, if you've bought this controller and tried to pair it on a Windows PC via bluetooth, you've probably noticed it doesn't work.
Bluetooth does not work on Windows as Matricom has not provided a driver for Windows PC. As a result, Windows will report a driver error after pairing with bluetooth.
Disassembling the controller, we find a Gamesir logo on the controller. With a bit of googling, we find that our Matricom XYBA is actually a rebranded Gamesir G3S controller.
Above: We see that Gamesir is the Manufacturer the controller's mainboard. Also note the BT+2.4g below the Gamesir logo.
If we take a look at their website, they have a chart that details compatibility:
The Gamesir G3S supports wireless on PC, but with the use of a proprietary dongle. Bluetooth on PC is not supported. Our Matricom controller does not include this dongle, and therefore wireless on PC is not possible.
A graphic shows the possible pc connections with a Gamesir G3S:
Today, there are a number of wireless controllers available for PC. The Matricom XYBA is no longer for sale on Amazon, so here are some alternatives:
- Gamesir G3S The original version of the Matricom XYBA. No bluetooth support, wireless on Windows available with included 2.4ghz dongle. This is the cheapest option.
- Xbox One Controller Windows 10 with Bluetooth support. Also works with Xbox one.
- PS4 Dualshock Windows 10 with Bluetooth support. Also works with Playstation 4. Customizable binds with Steam Input or DS4Windows.
- Steelseries Nimbus Windows 10 with Bluetooth support. Requires a driver from Steelseries. Shows up as an Xbox 360 controller.
- Steelseries Stratus Windows 10 with Bluetooth support. Requires a driver from Steelseries. Shows up as an Xbox 360 controller.